Immanuel Lutheran Church

104 Snelling Avenue South
St Paul, MN 55105

Builder: Philipp Wirsching, 1915
Manuals: 2
Ranks: 19
Stops: 18

Notes: Information from a parishioner -- The cornerstone was laid in 1923. The superstructure was completed above the basement in April fo 1925, with building dedication held October 4, 1925. In 1926 a reed organ was installed. In 1929 a Page theater pipe organ was installed with the console located in the chancel. The pipes were in a ceiling chamber. The youth helped raise money by selling pipes to members for $10.

In 1952 the console and choir were moved to the rear balcony while the pipes remained in the front chamber.

Editor's note: This information seems to indicate that if the Wirsching existed at all, it was never in the current building but in the previous building at St. Alban's and Aurora, sold in 1922 for $8000.