Centenary Methodist Episcopal Church

501 South Second Street
Mankato, MN 56001

Builder: Estey Organ Co (Opus 562, 1908)
Manuals: 2
Action: Mechanical

Notes: The organ is no longer at this location, and is presumed destroyed, dispersed or relocated.

In March of 1974, Centenary UMC, First Baptist Church, and First Congregational UCC voted to build a combined facility, where each congregation would maintain their own identity. A corporation was formed and the Multi-Church Foundation was begun. Centenary's building was demolished in June of 1975 and the new facility opened in the summer of 1976. (Two sanctuaries, one smaller than the other, attached to an older education building. Both sanctuaries had electronic organs and almost complete sound absorption from carpet and acoustic tile.)

In 1993, the First Baptist Church closed its doors. In 2002, First Congregational UCC moved to a separate building and the Multi-Church was dissolved.