Tabor Congregational Church

403 Elm Street
Tabor, IA 51653

Action: Electro-pneumatic

Notes: The church was designed by J.K. Nutting, who pastored The Little Brown Church, and is similar in design to that church. The church building was completed in 1875. Prior to the church's completion, the congregation met in the chapel at Tabor College. The founding minister was John Todd), a prominent abolitionist in Tabor. The church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ, identified by William Dunklin, citing information from vintage postcards.

Two vintage post cards show a substantial pipe organ standing in an alcove, front center behind the choir and chancel. The case is a pipe fence with no upper casework. There are two pipe towers flanking a 2 level center flat and smaller flats outboard of the towers. The console is attached, but in both photos the lid is closed.

Contemporary photos of the church (2018) show the congregation still in the same building but the interior significantly modernized.

Organ Historical Society as of 2018.