Trinity Episcopal Church

320 East College Street
Iowa City, IA 52240

Builder: Felgemaker Organ Co. Opus 591, 1894.
1955: Kilgen, incorporated original pipework in a unit organ (possibly 1952). Relocated in 1983 to Salem Lutheran in Andrew, Iowa.
Manuals: 2
Ranks: 15
Pipes: 774
Stops: 15
Action: Mechanical key and stop w/slider chests

Notes: Information from T. Andrew Hicks and a scrapbook collected by Miriam Righter, the organist at the time the Felgemaker organ was replaced by a Kilgen (1954-55).

Most of the Great and Pedal Felgemaker pipework was incorporated into the 1955 Kilgen. The Kilgen was relocated in 1983 to Salem Lutheran Church, Andrew, Iowa (extant in the early 1990's). Current status unknown. Pedal compass CCC to D.

The materials include the original Felgemaker contract and other papers from 1894 relating to the installation, and a 1950s newspaper photograph of the Felgemaker console, which does not clearly show the stop controls.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:
"Replaced by a Kilgen organ in 1952 using the case and some pipes from the Felgemaker. The Kilgen later went to a Lutheran Church in Andrew, IA."

T. Andrew Hicks and Organ Historical Society as of 2012.